12X More Ideas Than Brainstorming for Any Innovation Need, Any Time, and For Any Business
Here is how this blog immediately helps you. You will get an overview of how you can consistently generate at least 12 X more ideas than brainstorming for any need, at any time, in any kind of business. Quantum Idea Generation 2.0 is a highly proven innovation best practice – proven in university studies and, more importantly, in the real world for over two decades. Here is what is in this blog:
- You will confidently know that there is a powerful alternative to traditional brainstorming. Quantum Idea Generation 2.0 produces 12 times more ideas than brainstorming. This begins a series of 6 quantum idea generation blogs
- You can immediately plan to use Quantum Idea Generation any time and for when you need many high-quality ideas in a short period of time.
- Personal perspective: in life we sometimes face conundrums and wish that we had more ideas to solve or fix a situation. Knowing that there is a super powerful idea generating method will enable you to solve and fix these situations better than ever. These can be personal challenges ranging all the way from managing your career to having wonderful relationships.
Here is a quick overview of what you will learn today–the research supporting Quantum Idea Generation 2.0 and the four critical components of Quantum Idea Generation 2.0.
Here is why you can believe that Quantum Idea Generation 2.0 delivers at least 12 times more ideas and brainstorming.
- Oklahoma State University research studies: two studies, in both cases there was a test and control, control used brainstorming and the test used quantum idea generation methodology—with the same project. Bottom line: quantum idea generation methodology produced 12 times more ideas than brainstorming.
- Real world experience.
- Version 1.0 was developed by Doug Hall the founder of Eureka Ranch, which has been one of the leading innovation companies in America. The company and the quantum idea generation methodology have been featured twice on NBC’s Dateline program.
- It has been used in Eureka Ranch inventing sessions for many of the Fortune 100 and 500 companies. It is why these companies went to Eureka Ranch – generate many high quality new product ideas in a very short period of time.
- Innovate2Grow Experts/i2Ge.com: while Doug developed version 1.0 of Quantum Idea Generation, my company developed version 2.0, which will be shared with you in these blogs. Like Eureka Ranch, we’ve used this with many Fortune 500 companies plus many smaller companies, including a local plumbing company.
Here are the four critical elements of Quantum Idea Generation that drive its 12 X power. These are the four elements that are executed in an actual creative session where you develop the ideas to solve any innovation problem or opportunity.
- Diversity: the right kind of diversity fuels a major expansion of idea generation. One of the biggest improvements we made with version 2. 0 was to dramatically expand and improve the quantity and quality of diversity. We will go into lots of detail on diversity in the next blog.
- Stimulus: stimulus is critical to getting people to think bigger and differently. This is another area where there were significant improvements from version 1.0 to 2.0. Blog three will dive deep into this important topic.
- Brain type: for a long time you’ve probably heard that there are “creative types” or that you’re either born creative or not born creative. This is hogwash. Almost everyone can be equally creative but they are creative in different ways. Blog four will explore this important topic.
- No fear, only fun: fear goes beyond stifling creativity – it kills creativity. In a session you need to prevent fear and make sure that there is a high level of fun. Blog five will explore how you can have highly productive fun in idea generation.
- Lastly blog six will put all of this together. All the parts need to work harmoniously together so that you can get 12 times more high-quality ideas.
How quantum idea generation can help you every single week.
- Innovation certainly.
- Anytime you need many high-quality ideas in a short period of time.
- Quantum Idea Generation 2.0 requires modest preparation time and then actual idea generation happens much faster than brainstorming. Examples:
- Marketing: a meeting to develop improvements to last year’s promotion plan plus entirely new promotion ideas.
- Manufacturing: a meeting to develop a range of options for quickly installing new manufacturing capability.
- Sales: a meeting to develop breakthrough ideas to sell a new customer that could potentially become your biggest new customer.
- HR: a meeting to develop ideas for an improved plan to communicate this year’s employee benefits.
- As you will learn, the basic principles can be used spontaneously in a meeting or if time is available develop a more comprehensive use of the quantum idea generation process.
- Net – many, many more big, high quality ideas in a short period of time as compared to brainstorming.
What you can do today with this information – if you have an important need and/or meeting coming up where generating a lot of ideas is important, then pencil in that you want to read the other five blogs where you will learn in detail how to conduct a quantum idea generation meeting.
If you want help with your innovation program, we can help you achieve dramatically better innovation results in 90 days or less. Guaranteed. We help businesses of all kinds and sizes to consistently double their innovation success rate by creating innovative solutions that are dramatically better than all of their competition. We can consistently do this because Innovate2Grow Experts is the only innovation consultancy using the eight most proven innovation best practices.
At Innovate2Grow Experts we can help you in two fundamental ways. First, we can collaboratively work with you in a variety of ways on a specific innovation need. Second, if you are interested in being trained at a high level on the eight most proven innovation best practices, you can start for free.
Is as of the date on the right-hand side there must be lawyerPlease join me for the next blog where we will dive into the rich subject of bringing diversity into an idea generating session.
Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to reconnecting with you soon. Have a great day.
Richard Haasnoot, Head Coach, Innovate2Grow Experts/i2ge.com
Founder and Producer, Innovation Best Practices podcast i2ge.com/podcast